We’re pleased to announce that we will once again be holding an NCWHL Holiday Tournament at Nazareth Ice Oasis in Redwood City and San Mateo! This is a great opportunity to meet other players in the league, practice your skills in a totally fun and relaxed environment, and keep your skating fresh over the long holiday and new years break.
We’ll be fielding 4 mixed-level teams and we’ll take care of creating the teams, so all you have to do is show up and skate.
Here are the details:
- Spots are available on a first come, first served basis, up to 52 skaters (maximum of 13 skaters per team). The tournament is available to NCWHL skaters in the Winter 2017/18 season. All skaters must provide their updated USAH numbers valid from September 1, 2017.
- We will play at the Nazareth Ice Oasis rink in Redwood City (RWC) and San Mateo (SM). FYI, Ice Oasis is also hosting beginner and intermediate tournaments for their co-ed Rec leagues.
- Each skater will get 4 games. The games will be held on:
- Wednesday, Dec. 27 (@ RWC, 5:45 or 7:00pm)
- Thursday, Dec. 28(@ RWC, 5:45 or 7:00pm)
- Friday, Dec. 29 (@ RWC, 8:15 or 9:30pm)
- Saturday, Dec. 30 (@ SM, 12:15pm Consolation or 2:45pm Championship).
- Players should bring both their dark and light NCWHL jerseys.
- The cost is $120, paid directly to Ice Oasis on the day of your first game (cash, check, and credit cards accepted).
- You can designate ONE player as your tournament “buddy” and you’ll be guaranteed to be on the same team as that person.
To sign up:
Send an email to email@example.com with the subject line “Holiday Tournament” and include your name, your USAH number, the division you currently skate in, your preferred position, and, if applicable, your tournament “buddy”.
We’ll send you an email confirming your spot, and will try to get the rosters posted at least 1 week prior to the tournament.
We also need goalies (and goalies play free)! If you’re interested, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Holiday Tournament Goalie” and include your name, the division you generally goalie in, and your availability (e.g. available any day, unavailable Thursday, etc).
We look forward to seeing you there!
The NCWHL Board