Skip to content
A skater in the Blue Division must meet the Maroon Criteria, plus these skills.
- Always moving to position, cycles.
- Able to skate through traffic.
- Keeps pace with game at this level.
- Able to stop on either side, efficiently and in control.
- Able to step out of either stop in new direction with acceleration.
- Able to quick start and make immediate turns.
- Able to skate backward crossovers smoothly and efficiently.
- Chases and obtains loose puck.
- Anticipates plays and moves to desirable position.
- Able to “get open” for a play.
- Able to pass and receive the puck, challenged and through traffic.
- Deliberate and consistent passing to teammates.
- Controls passes, made and received.
- Exhibits advanced stick handling skills.
- Able to puck-handle entire ice surface with challenge.
- Able to aim strong shots on goal consistently.
- Has mastered at least 4 different shots (backhand, slap, snap, wrist, one-time and deke shot).
- Anticipates rebounds and takes rebound shots.
Game Knowledge & Experience
- Exhibits advanced positional skills.
- Powerplay, short-handed, two on one defense, cycling and covering positions.
- Forechecks and backchecks opposition.
- Plays the body effectively.
- Understands and avoids off-sides and icing.
- Immediately clears the zone to avoid offside call.
- Consistently clean changes on the fly, without instruction.
- Changes while on offense.
- Comes directly to bench to change quickly.
- Able to “float” through line.
- Communicates respectfully with referees, players and line-mates.
- Offers helpful and positive feedback to teammates.
- Exhibits superior skills with clean and effective play.