Division Coordinator: Amanda Anderson
- The Green Division is the entry point to the NCWHL, combining beginning players with those that have acquired basic skills.
- The Green division has no minimum requirements. Evaluation of skill does not occur. The skill set of a Green player is any player who does not meet the criteria for the Red Division.
- Each team is assigned a Coach who will help with individual player and team development.
- The season consists of pre-game learning sessions, games and practices. Additional pickup and subbing opportunities may be available dependent on ice availability.
- The Green Division is a great place to learn how to play hockey in a fun, encouraging environment while also offering a competitive environment for basic level skaters to build upon their skills.
Hockey requires drills, conditioning and practice to improve ability and leg strength needed to advance into a new division. The NCWHL recommends skating more than once a week to improve your chance of succeeding in division evaluations.
Recommended steps to improve skills
- Attend all Green practices.
- Play in every game.
- Seek subbing opportunities in your division and the level above (subject to division sizes).
- Speak with your coaches about what skills need work.
- Skate at public ice sessions and stick times (sometimes called Gretzky Hour).
- Attend skating and shooting clinics.
Placements & Evaluations are held prior to each new season. This is the only method for placement into a higher division.